The City of Jacksonville’s 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast presented by Florida Blue commemorates the 94th anniversary of Dr. King's birth by honoring his life-long commitment and achievements toward his dream for social change.
Tomorrow’s Leaders presented by VyStar Credit Union is a component of the Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast that looks to recognize and award youth in our community who are exemplifying the philosophies of Dr. King through leadership, community volunteerism and civic responsibility.
The City of Jacksonville is pleased to offer the opportunity for deserving elementary, middle and high school students to be nominated for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Award. Award recipients will be recognized at the 2023 Martin Luther King, Jr. Breakfast on Friday, January 13, 2023.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Nomination Guidelines:
- Educators, mentors, community leaders, and youth-oriented non-profit organizations are encouraged to nominate deserving students who exemplify the ideals and principles of Dr. King. Nominations from commercial entities will not be accepted.
- If a child is homeschooled, nominations may be submitted by a parent.
- Nominations will be accepted for students in grades 4 - 12 in Duval, Clay, St. Johns and Nassau counties.
- Nominations can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the City of Jacksonville Division of Sports & Entertainment (contact information is listed below).
- Multiple students from the same school and/or group can be nominated.
- Nominations and essays are due by Sunday, October 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST (no exceptions).
2023 Tomorrow's Leaders Essay Topic: "No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence” said Martin Luther King, Jr. Write about your dream job and how you think it is significant and influential to our community.
Nominations and essays must be submitted by Sunday, October 30, by email, fax, or U.S. mail.